As part of the home working solution for NHS staff, all staff with a NHS.net account have been given access to Microsoft Teams.
Top tips for getting started
- Get started. Sign-in using your NHS.net account
- Read the information and watch the videos on NHSmail
- Set aside part of a practice meeting to get used to using Teams.
- Setup Team areas for you and your colleagues.
- You can be a member of more than one team.
- A Team can be set up for any group of colleagues who need to work together and share information. For example:
- your whole GP practice
- the clinical team
- the admin team
- nursing network - practice nurses and AHPs across different practices
- Contact your local administrator to set this up for you. You will need the email addresses of all your team members. Click here to find your local administrator.
- Hold a startup meeting with your team to try it out, before you need it.
- Organise your information. You can share and edit documents in Teams, which means that you can all work on the same single copy. Create a folder structure at the beginning and ensure that you file and name documents sensibly. It will make life easier going forward.
The NHSmail site also has a range of user guides, click here to access them.